Cedar Key Daily Photo

Relocated to a quirky little island off the west coast of Florida and I'm in my element. Well, I'm a Pisces afterall. Surrounded by water and nature makes each day a gift. Our little town of 900 permanent residents is special, so visit here for photos and I'll share it with you.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Cedar Key's Newest Resident

First of all, I apologize profusely for "disappearing" and secondly, thank you to all of you that posted and questioned where I've been.
This is where I've been.......being "mama" to a new puppy! I was in Augusta, Georgia last week for a writers conference and came home this past Sunday (on my birthday) with my birthday present from my husband.
Meet Duncan......a 6 week old Scottish Terrier. I purchased him from a breeder in Jackson, South Carolina (over the river from Augusta) He did the 8 hour drive home wonderfully and has really settled in here quite well.
However....a puppy IS a puppy and with it comes the minor chores. Like getting only 6 hr. sleep the first two nights and up at 4 a.m. Like the constant trips to the back yard to potty train him and my time has become pretty limited. When he naps during the day, I scurry around trying to get things done. So I'm afraid I haven't been out and about this week snapping photos of my island.
I will be returning, hopefully early next week. So check back and please don't give up on me. Again, thank you to all who wondered where I've been. I'll see you very soon with more photos of my island.