Cedar Key Daily Photo

Relocated to a quirky little island off the west coast of Florida and I'm in my element. Well, I'm a Pisces afterall. Surrounded by water and nature makes each day a gift. Our little town of 900 permanent residents is special, so visit here for photos and I'll share it with you.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

City Hall


This is the Cedar Key City Hall. What's interesting about it is the fact that our City Clerk, Miss Frances, grew up in this structure. This was her girlhood home and her office today (window on left) was her childhood bedroom. The main room to the right is where our City Commissioners meetings are held twice a month. The rear of the building houses our Police Department. Rather than tearing down these older structures, I like the fact that Cedar Key restores them for other purposes.

11 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home