Cedar Key Daily Photo

Relocated to a quirky little island off the west coast of Florida and I'm in my element. Well, I'm a Pisces afterall. Surrounded by water and nature makes each day a gift. Our little town of 900 permanent residents is special, so visit here for photos and I'll share it with you.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Widow Walk


Growing up in Salem, Mass. I have always loved the widow walks, especially on the old sea captain homes along Chestnut Street. As a teen, I'd romanticize about the woman waiting up there, looking out longingly to the sea, waiting for her love to return.
This widow walk happens to be on the home next door to me. The house is made entirely of cypress and a spiral staircase inside leads up to the walk, with a view out to the salt marshes and bayou's. And yup, I still think these things are romantic.

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home