Cedar Key Daily Photo

Relocated to a quirky little island off the west coast of Florida and I'm in my element. Well, I'm a Pisces afterall. Surrounded by water and nature makes each day a gift. Our little town of 900 permanent residents is special, so visit here for photos and I'll share it with you.

Monday, January 30, 2006

A Southern Tradition

I grew up in the northeast and years ago rockers on the front porch were traditional. It enabled neighbors walking by to pause and talk with those sitting there. Unfortunately, with more and more people living in condos, this quaint past-time has all but disappeared.
However, in the south, rockers on the front porch is still a common sight and in small towns it gives us a chance to get to know our neighbors even better.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home