Cedar Key Daily Photo

Relocated to a quirky little island off the west coast of Florida and I'm in my element. Well, I'm a Pisces afterall. Surrounded by water and nature makes each day a gift. Our little town of 900 permanent residents is special, so visit here for photos and I'll share it with you.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

The Children's Room


I'm a docent and member of the Historical Society at the museum here on the island. Yesterday I had the opportunity to tour three of the historic houses, now privately owned. This photo was taken in the Hale-Johnson house and is the small, three foot entrance to the Children's Room. One must bend over to walk inside to a bedroom with a peaked roof and filled with vintage toys and large collection of Barbie dolls. Stooping down to enter, I had a feeling of Alice in Wonderland falling down that rabbit hatch.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home