Cedar Key Daily Photo

Relocated to a quirky little island off the west coast of Florida and I'm in my element. Well, I'm a Pisces afterall. Surrounded by water and nature makes each day a gift. Our little town of 900 permanent residents is special, so visit here for photos and I'll share it with you.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Back Bayou at High Tide



This photo was taken looking out to our Back Bayou on the island. Being a fishing village, you seldom see working boats near shore. Their days are spent further out in the Gulf catching grouper, red fish or whatever is in season. Our offshore water surrounding the island is extremely shallow, causing boaters to stay in the channel. Before moving here and purchasing a boat, the tides wasn't something I gave much thought to. However, unless one wants to take a chance ending up on a sandbar, reading the tide schedule is mandatory.

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home